PART-TIME/FULL-TIME BIOIMAGE ANALYST
We’re seeking a talented Bioimage Analyst to assist with image processing and data analysis. As part of the Imaging Methods Core Facility at Biocev, we empower researchers from various labs, providing cutting-edge microscopy technologies to capture high-quality biological images and advance scientific discoveries. And the job is to extract useful biological information from the complex data generated by users of the facility.
As our Bioimage Analyst, you’ll thrive in the following key responsibilities:
- Offer expert guidance to users on bioimage analysis approaches and technical queries.
- Collaborate closely with researchers to support bioimage analysis and statistical aspects of their projects.
- Take charge of software and partial hardware maintenance.
- The expected time commitment is between 0.5-1.0 FTE.
- The position is open from September 2023
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Holds or currently pursuing a degree in biology, bioinformatics, physics, computer science, or related disciplines.
- Demonstrates keen interest and curiosity in bioimage analysis.
- Shows eagerness to learn and embrace new challenges.
- Previous experience in bioimage analysis and/or computer vision is a plus.
Core Facility Culture and Values
We pride ourselves on fostering a friendly, user-oriented atmosphere within our facility. Our primary focus is on ensuring user satisfaction with our services and elevating the overall quality of research at Biocev and elsewhere. We encourage a healthy work-life balance and actively support your professional growth and development.
Benefits and Perks
In addition to the official benefits offered by the Faculty of Science, we provide the following advantages:
- Negotiable salary based on experience and qualifications, aligned with internal salary regulations of CU.
- Flexible working hours, ideal for students.
- Partial home-office opportunities.
- Support for your further education through paid-by-facility additional courses and workshops.
- Opportunities to participate in scientific publications and conferences.
- Integration into a network of top-level bioimage analysts at the European level.
How to Apply
If this opportunity excites you, waste no time! Apply now by sending your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your experience and motivation for joining our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any additional questions or clarifications, feel free to reach out to us at:
Head of the facility: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are fully committed to providing equal opportunities for underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, and beyond.