Hands-on training of selected electron microscopy techniques. The course consists of three parts. The first comprises preparation of biological samples through a standard, chemical fixation procedure. The second part continues with the ultramicrotomy of different resin-embedded specimens. The third part deals with the immunogold labelling on resin sections.
The list of hands-on techniques covered by EM-SPS course:
- Chemical fixation of suspension and monolayer cells
- Different embedding procedures
- Semithin sectioning and toluidine blue section staining
- Ultrathin sectioning and section pick up techniques
- Sections post-contrasting
- Troubleshooting and tips-and-tricks
- TEM imaging of different sample types
- On section immunolabelling with primary and gold-coupled antibodies
The course is organized by the Imaging Methods Core Facility as annual course.
The EM-SPS course has been postponed till autumn 2022.